Modifying any of the following Nutanix software settings may inadvertently constrain performance of your Nutanix cluster or render the Nutanix cluster inoperable.
- Local datastore name.
- Configuration and contents of any CVM (except memory configuration to enable certain features).
- Do not delete the Nutanix CVM.
- Do not take a snapshot of the CVM for backup.
- Do not rename, modify, or delete the admin and nutanix user accounts of the CVM.
- Do not create additional CVM user accounts.
Use the default accounts (admin or nutanix), or use
sudoto elevate to the root account.
- Do not decrease CVM memory below recommended minimum amounts required for cluster and
Nutanix Cluster Checks (NCC), preupgrade cluster checks, and the AOS upgrade process detect and monitor CVM memory.
- Nutanix does not support the usage of third-party storage on the host part of Nutanix
Normal cluster operations might be affected if there are connectivity issues with the third-party storage you attach to the hosts in a Nutanix cluster.
- Do not run any commands on a CVM that are not in the Nutanix documentation.