Storage and Backups-Netapp
How to troubleshoot MetroCluster check connection errors
This article describes how to troubleshoot MetroCluster check connection errors.
MetroCluster check reports the following errors on the connections object:
ClusterA::> metrocluster check show
Last Checked On: mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss
6 entries were displayed.
How to identify that not all initiators into a MetroCluster FC fabric run at the same speed?
To avoid performance issues, all initiators into the MetroCluster storage backend have to run at the same speed. This article describes how to identify and address this issue.
How many adapters are to be connected to each Fabric in a MetroCluster?
This article describes supported adapter setups in MetroCluster FC configuration.
How to identify cross-connected shelf modules in a MetroCluster configuration
This article describes how to troubleshoot cross-connected shelf modules.
How to address and identify systems that connect to the each fabric of a MetroCluster using the same ASIC
This article describes how to address and identify systems that connect to the each fabric of a MetroCluster using the same ASIC.
How to troubleshoot an ISL down in Fabric MetroCluster (Cisco)
- Cisco switches
- ISL down
This article is not intended as a comprehensive troubleshooting guide, but as a tool to assist in ISL link troubleshooting. For further assistance please engage NetApp Technical Support via a Technical Support Case.
- Whenever troubleshooting ISL link a number of factors should be considered:
- What is the distance of the ISL links?
- Have the ISL ports been configured correctly as per the installation guide?
- What type of ISL is being used? Direct Link? DWDM?
- What additional components are in the link? Are there any patch panels?
- What is the health of the components on the link?