Senior Back- end Developer (Ruby)
Remote, anywhere in LATAM
What are you going to do?
You will have the opportunity to work in a forward-thinking and growth-oriented environment, We’re redefining what it means to be a guest by offering day access to luxury hotel experiences, like breathtaking pools, private beaches, deluxe spas, and much more, so that people can escapewithout leaving town. If you’re moved to contribute to our mission, we’d love your help.
Our growing team of innovative tech and hospitality experts has so far partnered with more than 900 leading hotels and resorts including Ritz-Carlton, Four Seasons, Westin and Fairmont. We’ve connected over 1.6 million people with relaxation and luxury in their own neighborhoods, making rest more mindful, togetherness more meaningful, and escape more accessible.
Occupy a unique position in the market, looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help scale our APIs and platform to the next level. The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic environment and have experience with building dynamic pricing systems/marketplaces. Our cutting-edge platform leverages Typescript, Node.js, Rails, React, PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, AWS, Docker.
- Design, develop and operate services on the cloud that can scale to millions of users
- Strong commitment to metrics driven product development, with a disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving
- Help scale the platform by participating in architecture discussions with engineering leadership, mentoring junior engineers and performing code reviews
- Work with product to understand end-user requirements and create solutions that impact our customers, hotels and internal users
- Own back-end optimizations and new features across all of our applications
What will help you succeed
- Backend experience using scripting language like Node/Ruby/Python (Node.js & Rails)
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals with competencies in architecture, object-oriented programming and system design
- Experience building cloud based, distributed, resilient systems with the ability to handle large and variable traffic volumes
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL Databases
- Experience with CI/CD: Git, Github, Jenkins
- Working knowledge of Docker Containers & AWS